Senior Online Programmer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Online Programmer
PlayStation: San Diego Studio
We will consider mid-level to senior plus professional experience.
We have a great opportunity to join PlayStation Studios. We are seeking a Senior Online Programmer to assist with development and improvement of online systems and tools for the MLB The Show product line. After learning the current online architecture and systems, you will add online features to the game, extend or develop server-side systems and implement groundbreaking features. Your efforts will directly impact the next generation of The Show. If this is you, then you need to come play with us here in sunny San Diego.
- Learn, maintain, and augment existing online code, servers, and tools.
- Collaborate with designers to turn ideas into concrete game features.
- Recognize sub-optimal code systems and workflows, refactoring as needed.
- Research and experiment with new implementation techniques.
- Expert programming skills with C++.
- Strong programming skills with C#.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience with asynchronous message passing architectures.
- A detailed understanding of Internet communications and associated standard methodologies.
- Experience with operating a live service.
- Multi-platform development experience (*nix, Windows, gaming console).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to write efficient, compact code for systems with limited resources.
- Ability to design and implement modular and easily extensible solutions.
- Experience with user interface programming and tools development.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Game industry experience preferred.
- Familiarity with .Net, WPF, and MVVM UI development.
- Familiarity with MySQL or other RDBMS.
- Familiarity with cryptography or TLS/SSL.
- Familiarity with CI/CD systems and deployment orchestration.
- Detailed baseball rules understanding.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
Generally, We Obtain This Information Through Our Recruiting Team
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
Identification and contact information