Senior Process Improvement Engineer
Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
Lead all Process Improvement activities designed to improve the quality including testing of hardware and software for EGMs, ETGs, and utility products; reducing external escapes of non-conforming products, and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of quality controls put in place throughout the production process.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee Production Test procedures with goal of live testing 100% of EGMs.
- Improve effectiveness of test process for non-EGMs.
- Determine Key Performance Metrics for Production Test and Audit process. Manage data and reporting of KPIs.
- Improve process flow/ decrease downtime for test and audit process.
- Reduce external QIRs by implementing Preventative Actions.
- Drive defect detection further upstream in the process.
- Work with Production team to reduce internal defects and interruptions to product flow.
- Mentor peers on preventative actions.
- Partner with Engineering on new product launches.
- Engineering Degree preferred or relevant technical experience in problem solving and project management
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Understanding of problem solving methods, i.e. 5 why, DFMEA, PFMEA, Process mapping used to analyze problems, evaluate and complete improvement projects.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to process/product variability, and root cause and corrective action determination.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts such as
- Proficient understanding and interpreting engineering specifications, mechanical drawings, and/or electrical schematics,
- Solid interpersonal skills and effectively work with various levels within the organization and with team to identify and resolve quality issues.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/coordinate projects with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of inspection methods in the design, fabrications, and production of electronic equipment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of SQL and Excel VBA is an advantage.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including presentations.
- Highly adept with testing techniques and methods.
- Familiar with recognized Quality Assurance Standards AS9100, ISO 9001, AS9102.
- Ability to provide customers with excellent service and support.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .