Job Description: Sr. Product Manager (TFT & LoR)
BLITZ is focused on creating desktop applications and websites for different games (see blitz.gg), out on a mission to helping players learn and improve their skills. Currently, our major products are focused around the popular MOBA, League of Legends, the celebrated strategy titles Teamfight Tactics and Legends of Runeterra, but various other titles are in-flight with plans for more. Our applications aim to make gamers better players by providing them with statistics-based insight into the current state of the game, tracking personal progress, and providing real-time analysis and scouting of enemy teams.
We are seeking a highly experienced and highly engaged Sr. Product Manager within our Strategy Game Team. As the product representative for Blitz serving one or more games, you will identify problems, determine objectives based on your understanding of the audience, propose solutions and new value opportunities, drive alignment on specifications, deliver high-quality products, and measure their performance.
You will be responsible for the health and prospects of the team serving players in one or more games, both on the strategic and tactical level. Through your deep understanding of your audience, you will champion your vision while providing the day-to-day support to make that vision come to life.
We are looking for a veteran product manager able own every stage of the SDLC. Ideal candidates will bring with them a strong sense of creativity, excellent problem-solving skills, exceptional communications skills, and a passion for gaming. Candidates must be comfortable working in a startup, with the challenges (and opportunities) that entails.
What you will do...
- Leverage analytics and user feedback to create a value roadmap, collaborating with leadership to maximize both Game Team and portfolio KPI’s
- Create a framework to develop and test hypotheses
- Explore the needs of the game’s audience and advocate on their behalf throughout the development process
- Work with design and engineering to clearly define delightful user experiences
- Prioritize complex backlogs, ensuring that the highest value bodies of work get the attention required through rigorous testing and questioning
- Own sprints and Scrum ceremonies, ensuring alignment and efficient workflows
- Pro-actively escalate impediments to the team
What it Takes to be Successful...
- Comfortable making decisions autonomously, and supporting them with research and data driven insight
- Comfortable managing the logistical needs of the product team, including writing and assigning tickets, conducting planning, grooming, reviews, and retros
- Experience in an Agile Environment; creating a feature spec, turning it into user stories, setting and tracking KPIs, iterating within promising venues, and coordinating teams to hit high integrity commitments as well as outcome driven roadmaps
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, holding key responsibility for shipping widely used web-based products
- Experience working cross-functionally with Design and Engineering teams
- Keeping up to date with current trends in technology and product communities
- Ability to communicate with honesty and transparency, with realistic and constructive feedback to teammates
Additional skills we would love you to have....
- Experience working with teams in a variety of sizes and maturity
- Experience working in gaming or esports, or a passion for playing online video games
- Experience being a core product owner, or related
- Ability to build Product features around monetization models
- Knowledge of design tools such as Sketch or Figma, or ability to prototype or wireframe to express ideas
- Willingness and ability to level internal teams by championing the application of industry best practices with humility and patience
- What are the Scrum ceremonies? What role does the product manager play in each?
- How do you prioritize a backlog?
- How do you define engagement in an app like Blitz?
- What type of research do you conduct when vetting new features for development?