Senior System Software Engineer, Video Firmware Security
NVIDIA has been transforming computer graphics, PC gaming, and accelerated computing for more than 25 years. It’s a unique legacy of innovation that’s fueled by great technology—and amazing people. Doing what’s never been done before takes vision, innovation, and the world’s best talent. As an NVIDIAN, you’ll be immersed in a diverse, supportive environment where everyone is inspired to do their best work. The video software team is seeking someone highly motivated and passionate about security system software development. Come join our team and see how you can make a lasting impact on the world.
What You'll Be Doing
- Learn about our graphics processing units (GPUs) and video hardware accelerators, and how to harness their full power to build world-class solutions.
- Craft and develop software features that improve the security of video accelerators in our GPUs and help safeguard protected and confidential data.
- Work on state of the art digital rights management technology for video streaming and cloud gaming services.
- Take advantage of industry leading tools to improve quality and security of our software.
- Get opportunities to collaborate with multiple software and hardware teams across our company, and own features through the whole lifecycle from requirements and design all the way to production.
What We Need To See
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience). Master’s degree or higher preferred or equivalent.
- 5+ years of meaningful software development experience. Outstanding engineers with less experience will be considered.
- Proficiency in C/C++ with proven software development, optimization, and debugging skills is a requirement. Familiarity with Python/Perl is a plus.
- Dedicated, fast to take action, and proactive with excellent analytical skills. Strong desire to be a problem solver with sophisticated system-level debugging is invaluable.
- You should have knowledge of cryptography, authentication, encryption, security certificates, and related algorithms and protocols. Even better if you are familiar with Windows and Linux internals, and OS level security protection.
- Familiarity with computer system architectures and hardware/software interface layer models. You will stand out if you have experience with firmware development.
- Knowledge and work experience with video processing and modern video compression standards, such as H.264, HEVC, VP9, and AV1.
With competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, we are widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us and, due to unprecedented growth, our exclusive engineering teams are rapidly growing. If you're a creative and autonomous engineer with a real passion for technology, we want to hear from you.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.