Senior Unity Engineer, Shared Technology
Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Unity Specialist on the Platform team, you’ll build the tech stack that powers our next generation of mobile games. You’ll join a group of experienced developers to deliver shared technologies critical for successful mobile games at Pocket Gems scale.
Note: This role is open to remote employment for those who reside in California, Washington State, Colorado and Texas.
What You’ll Help Us To Accomplish
- Design and build robust, reusable Unity Packages (e.g. Crash Reporting)
- Develop feature rich systems utilized by games and interact with backend services (e.g. Player Analytics)
- Collaborate with teams to design and develop high quality complex and scalable systems (e.g. Downloadable Content system)
- Write clean, maintainable and performant cross platform code
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- 3+ years of Unity experience as part of a team with other Unity engineers
- Fluent in C#
- Exceptional competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP
- Passion for API design and developing clean and maintainable code
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Extra Gems For
- Prior mobile development experience
- Prior entertainment or gaming industry experience
- Experience designing or contributing to reusable frameworks and platforms
Colorado Residents Only: In Colorado, the minimum salary for this position is $133,000. Please note that this information is only provided publicly for candidates in Colorado, but the role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
, #CA #TX #CO #WA
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
- Pocket Gems Blog
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values. We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.