WHO WE ARE: Grover Gaming, headquartered in Greenville, North Carolina, is a software design and development company that specializes in electronic gaming throughout the United States and Canada. Having more than 325 employees located in seven states, we are working every day toward building a strong foundation of humble, passionate people, effective processes, and superior products. Our dedication to customer service, adaptability, and a diverse range of products has solidified our position as a global leader in the electronic gaming industry, leading to our second year on Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest growing companies in 2020 at #194. Grover Gaming strives to support local communities and has helped raise over $280 Million for charities through its partnerships in charitable gaming markets.
SUMMARY: The Service Technician will perform preventive maintenance to all machines to ensure they are functioning accurately. The Service Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing games and associated systems when malfunction occurs.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand company Mission, Vision, and Values and be an ambassador of MVV.
- Travel to locations performing various functions and tasks.
- Perform basic troubleshooting techniques on the main components of a cabinet, i.e. bill acceptors, printers, monitors, logic box, etc.
- Replace all broken parts, i.e. bill acceptors, printers, monitors, logic box, etc.
- Operate hand tools, soldering equipment, electrical test equipment, and other equipment as needed.
- Troubleshoot point of sale and/or server issues, i.e. no internet connection, IP address conflicts, install a printer and set as default, etc.
- Safely move cabinets to and from locations.
- Perform all preventative maintenance on each type of device.
- Properly complete work orders to record repairs and service.
- Setup and configure the router for a location.
- Properly wire a location so that there are no loops.
- Assign static IP addresses to game terminals, routers, servers, and POS.
- Provide exceptional service to our guests and employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years’ experience with Basic Networking is preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in Customer Service.
- 100% daytime travel required.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to manage tasks independently.
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.