Software Development Engineer in Test
We are looking for a talented Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who is excited to write frameworks and tools in support of testing our games. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work in both development and testing roles. You’re responsible for the testability, robustness, and performance of our development and testing processes.
The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Our team values creativity, collaboration, and a commitment to quality and we are looking for a like-minded quality engineers to join our team. If you are committed to creating tools to enhance game development and provide epic experiences to our players, we want to hear from you!
You will be a part of the development team, coordinating across disciplines with designers, artists, engineers, and quality assurance analysts. Everyone on our team is empowered to influence the direction of the game, and the ideal candidate will have a passion for quality and player experience. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals
- Identify, design, and deliver technical solutions (frameworks, tests, API hooks, tools) increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing the cost of test execution
- Implement metrics, analyze test data and results to identify patterns, report on risk status to development partners, and influence software quality
- Mentor engineers and analysts to provide technical guidance to individuals and teams
- Share insights, solutions, and best practices within the team and across Blizzard
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality”
- Strong, proven programming skills (C#, .NET Core and Standard)
- 3+ years of experience as a Tester, QA Engineer, SDET, Software Engineer, or similar
- 2+ years of software engineering experience in a professional environment
- Architecture and creation of automation frameworks, test harnesses, and QA tools
- Experience interpreting large data sets and/or creating data analysis tools
- Self-motivated and willing to participate in all areas of engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization for mobile platforms
- Experience with the Unity platform, performance analysis, and code optimization
- iOS and/or Android software development expertise
- Avid mobile gamer