Software Engineer 1
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming. With operations in more than 100 countries and a team of over 12,000 employees, we deliver world-class gaming and lottery technology.
IGT is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic, and hard-working Game Developer. Become a part of Vibe Studio located in lovely Reno, Nevada, where our dedicated team delivers innovative games to players around the world.This is an opportunity to work in a studio that creates high-performing and well-known video casino games. As a Software Engineer I you will combine technical expertise and creativity to bring the vision of mathematicians, artists, and sound designers to market. Further, you will contribute to the technical direction of the studio - by implementing and testing innovative tools & techniques to improve product quality and reduce time-to-market. Candidates must have a passion for game development, continuous improvement, software quality, and effective communication.
- Deliver exceptional customer service: Engage and entice the player with visuals and consider the player’s emotional impact and holistic gameplay experience in every design decision.
- Demonstrate accountability and integrity: Follow through on commitments and communicate dependencies as they arise. Support your colleagues, as you would like to be supported.
- Develop successful relationships: Develop alliances across the organization to foster positive communication and cultivate elegant, reusable solutions.
- Embrace change: Set the example for an agile team culture where each member is empowered, engaged and accountable to each other. See challenges as opportunities.
- Demonstrate business savvy: Apply best practices to support products, features and business rationale.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in Object-Oriented design and implementation
- Excellent C#/C++ programming skills
- Unity3D experience or equivalent
- Familiarity with scripting languages
- Self-motivated and team-orientated with a passion for developing high-quality games
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- 1-2 years professional experience in software game development
- Gaming industry experience a plus.
Keys to Success
- Building collaborative relationships
- Decision making
- Drive results
- Foster innovation
- Personal energy
In addition to a competitive benefits package, we offer generous time-off plans, a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center and cafeteria, and free identity theft insurance to name a few.
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, and to creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, federal laws or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com .