Software Engineer, Gameplay
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Netherrealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Software Engineer, Gameplay to work with the game development team responsible for Mortal Kombat and Injustice 2 to help make Netherrealms next project it’s most successful to date.
As a member of the game play team, you will work closely with the lead game programmer, and the game play programming team to implement new features, and support the design team in their efforts to create a compelling game experience. Your responsibilities will include AI systems, bug fixing, enemy and boss encounters, environmental interactions, and performance.
As a member of the game play team, there will be many opportunities to share experience, knowledge, and expertise across the team and code base.
In addition to working in a collaborative, team oriented environment, the Senior Game Play Engineer will also work with the Lead Game Programmer, and Director of Engineering to help determine dependencies, task, and scheduling goals.
- 3 or more Years C/C++
- Past experience engineering game play systems
- Experience in cross-platform development
- Experience with Xbox 360 and PS3 development tools
- One or more past shipped titles
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- B.S. degree in CS/EE/Math/Physics or equivalent experience
- Understanding of current AI techniques (path finding, entity component systems, messaging, callbacks, etc.)
- Solid understanding of math and physics.
- Experience with performance programming (optimization, caching systems, compiler behavior, etc.)
- Understanding of animation systems, scripting, and associated tools.
- Ability to collaborate with all art, design and engineering teams to create quality, long lasting solutions.
- Able to work well within a team environment, as well as being self-motivated and focused.
- Desire to solve problems, and offer creative solutions.
- Strong desire to work with others to develop and ship AAA titles full-featured on time.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.