Software Engineer (Gameplay Programming)
Hands on Director of Software Engineering with SQL and Unity exp. needed for a growing startup near Sacramento!
This Jobot Job is hosted by Naji Hendrix
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary $130,000 - $180,000 per year
A Bit About Us
We are a growing startup in the gaming industry making an impact for charities! Will pay for RELO!
Why join us?
- Competitive Base plus Bonus (total comp up to $180K)
- Great comprehensive benefits package
- Growing startup where you can make an impact
We are looking for a software leader who has a background in .Net, .NetCore, MS SQL Server, Unity (Gaming Platform), C#, and Windows. Linux and Postgres would also be nice to have as they are thinking of moving towards this technology stack in the future. The ideal candidate will be a hands on leader (50/50) and should have working knowledge of JIRA, since we are an Agile shop. In this role you will be responsible for managing and scaling a growing company that produces high quality gaming software. This position is not remote and candidates must be near or willing to relocate to the Sacramento area (Loomis).
- Inspire the team to deliver the highest possible levels of engagement development and creative outcomes.
- Own overall resourcing and road map for all the software and hardware products.
- Provide creative vision and strategy for both software and hardware interaction.
- Grow and mentor a distributed teams of product developers, software programmers, QA, back-end programmers and creative designers.
- Collaborate tightly with other disciplines like marketing, hardware, sales, finance, etc. - to achieve the best possible outcome for the company.
- Lead software development teams by providing strategic direction and individualized guidance/feedback to each developer.
- Cultivate leadership and facilitation skills within the team through instilling a big picture vision in development team members.
- Coordinate with product managers and executive teams to develop portfolio level project plans including timelines, budgets, and necessary resources.
- Understand and emphasize a thorough knowledge of the game product life cycle.
- Consume, analyze, process, and integrate data from various software systems and create KPI reporting that will inform operational decisions.
- Monitor roadmap progress and risks to budgets and timelines while prioritizing game performance across multiple business verticals.
- Facilitate the flow of information among unity developers, game artists, back-end developers and organizational leaders by creating and documenting a communications plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Working knowledge of C#.NET, .NetCore, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, and Unity
- 15+ years of experience in I.T. with demonstrated experience in delivering quality products.
- 10+ years of experience managing successful projects, preferably in a gaming/product development environment
- 7+ years of experience successfully managing people.
- Experience with project management systems, tools, and processes.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment like banking, gambling, etc.
- Experience in Excel, Jira, Salesforce, Visual Studio, BitBucket, and Jenkins
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.