Software Engineer I, Tools
Our Standing Stone Games Studio is looking for a passionate Tools Engineer to bring our favorite Dungeons and Dragons and Lord of the Rings moments off the page and into our massively multiplayer online game on PC! The Tools Engineer will collaborate with other disciplines and designers to develop engaging and memorable gameplay experiences. Ideally, candidates will live or be willing to relocate to Massachusetts. We can also accommodate fully remote candidates living in Massachusetts, Texas, California, Washington State and New York.
- Interest in creating tools used to build online worlds.
- 2+ years of programming experience, gaming industry experience preferred.
- Proficient working on a variety of systems in the realms of game engine, tools, game support services and the games themselves.
- Proficient with C++ and/or C#.
- Proficiency in scripting language such Python, LUA, Perl or similar.
- Able to collaborate with other engineers and other non-technical team members, including as game teams, customer service and ops.
- Microsoft MFC
- SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres
- Web Services, particularly Microsoft WCF (asp.net), SOAP, JSON
- Enjoys talking about game theory.
- Loves gaming, particularly online games.
About Standing Stone Games Standing Stone Games is a gaming studio based in Needham, Massachusetts (right outside of Boston!), staffed by people who have been passionately working on MMOs for decades. We're proud to develop and operate our two free-to-play MMOs: Dungeons & Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online! We enjoy sharing heroic stories with our players that create a lifetime of memories. We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!
**Standing Stone Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
*Employment agencies: Please don't contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*