Are you a customer-obsessed leader with a passion for mobile games? You may be a great fit for the Manager, Mobile Games Account Management role. MGX is seeking a dynamic and experienced Manager to lead a team of Account Managers who engage with top players in the mobile games community. As the Manager of the account team, you’ll be responsible for managing existing accounts and onboarding new accounts, delegating to the team, and prioritizing day to day responsibilities. You will own the creation of sales and marketing strategies to reach our top customers, promotional activities, and deployment strategies. This will require working with both internal and external teams’ product, marketing, business development, and sales teams to deliver top tier solutions. You will track the success of the program, communicate and effectively partner with our developer community, and drive strategic vision and program enhancements in collaboration with the Product Manager. You will represent the team’s success in meetings with leadership drive short-term program executions and experiments, and inform long-term strategies to grow the program.
The ideal candidate thrives in an ambiguous environment where they must develop, implement, and iterate on business strategies to engage with top players and deliver continual improvements to the customer experience. This person has relentlessly high standards and operates as a business owner who understands key levers to achieve results through their team. You have a passion for people management and are at your best when you’re building, developing and guiding high-performing teams. In this role, you will be responsible for all business and operational objectives of your team of Account Managers, including hiring and developing the best. You’ll drive the creation and execution of strategies to achieve business goals, invent and simplify on behalf of your team, and develop innovative ways to engage our best customers.
AM’s on your team will manage a portfolio of customer accounts, configure and deploy benefits using existing tools and channels, including some in partnership with developers, communicate rewards to eligible customers, and respond to customer issues. You and your team will be evangelists in the mobile games community, driving engagement in new and existing titles, informing new rewards and promotions, and helping to identify new selection to bring to the store.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to goal setting for your team to align with organizational goals.
- Contribute to business strategy development and identify the correct input metrics that drive growth and improve the end customer experience, in collaboration with cross-functional teams and other Amazon programs.
- Manage and deliver against complex goals where strategy is evolving or undefined.
- Implement and track metrics to record the success and quality of your team’s customers. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with developers, customers and gaming community in your team’s portfolio along with internal stakeholders; be a trusted advisor and a business advocate.
- Monitor customer satisfaction to investigate both positive and negative feedback trends. Establish improvement plans and manage expectations with Account Managers as appropriate.
- Use customer feedback, market growth trends, and analyze key metrics to contribute to strategic development of features and programs that accelerate program growth. Spot areas with unnecessary processes or inefficiencies and work to simplify.
- Identify, optimize, and scale improvements that can benefit specific customer segments, driving efficiencies through tools and processes, simplifying SOPs, and working across multiple organizations.
- Develop mechanisms to create accountability.
- Manage a team of Account Managers.
- Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand needs of customers and gaming communities in an ever-changing business environment. Contribute to strategic plans and documents for the organization.
- Gather, organize, and report back customer and developer feedback to help improve the customer and developer experience
- Partner with external teams including game studios and developers, Prime Gaming, Finance, Business Development, Marketing and central support teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth.
- Manage recruiting and hiring efforts across direct team and broader organization. Coach, mentor, and develop your team.
The ideal candidate has a passion for gaming and engaging with gaming communities, enjoys working with game developers, and constantly obsesses about the quality of the game and the customer experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in sales/account management, community management, or business development
- 3+ years managing high performing teams
- Mobile gaming experience (as a player or industry)
- Understanding of mobile gaming social media channels (Discord, Reddit, YouTube, Twitch)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working across internal teams and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and embrace constant changes with flexibility and grace
- Experience planning, organizing and managing all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery
- Strong persuasion skills and ability to create buy-in for a bold vision
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter
- Highly ranked in a mobile game or an active guild leader or influencer
- Professional community management experience in one or more top game titles
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1538235