Sr. Financial Analyst, Amazon Game Studios
About the job
Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Game Studios, we’re creating exciting games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent in the 17th century.
This role will be part of a broader Digital/AWS Finance organization. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical, detail-oriented and possess strong communication skills and a passion for games.
- Partner with Amazon Game Studios teams to evaluate new opportunities, forecast game title P&Ls and benchmark costs.
- Participate in forecast and stage gate reviews with senior leadership.
- Assist game development teams with headcount and budget management, including purchase order and headcount approvals, monthly reporting, variance analysis and opportunities for cost reductions.
- Partner with the Games Finance Analytics (GFA) team to build automated reporting for financial reviews, headcount and budget management and forecast planning.
- Minimum 5 years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
- Highly analytical and detail oriented, with demonstrated ability in problem solving and root cause analysis
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to partner with cross functional teams and present ideas to senior leadership
- Experience with SQL, PAX and QuickSight. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (macros, pivots, lookups)
- Previous work experience in the gaming industry
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1454446