Sr. Manager, Game Security Engineering
One of Blizzard Entertainment’s core values is “Play Nice, Play Fair” – we believe that epic gaming experiences begin with a level playing field. Because of that, we passionately do everything we can to combat cheating in our games. We want YOU to join this fight!
As an experienced technical manager, you would lead a team of highly specialized security engineers and play a pivotal role shaping the people and technology that protect our games. We work with all games and software platforms produced by Blizzard, so we have a direct impact on their success. You would have the autonomy to lead this team’s mission across Blizzard!
- Lead and manage a talented team of engineers building game security technology and tools
- Advance game security products, keeping up with changes in our games, technology, and the attacks we face.
- Draw on extensive technical experience to understand change implications from a broad technical perspective, adding a ‘big picture’ view to the discussions.
- Facilitate regularly scheduled team meetings to track project progress and keep the team informed of changes in priority/scope.
- Drive the team cadence - project, communication, and partner engagements (internal & external).
- Collaborate with Stakeholders (Game, Platform, and Operations teams)
- Provide coaching and counseling via mentoring, one-on-one meetings, and more for the team.
- Organize regular performance appraisals and provide constructive feedback
- Close partner with director level leadership and above to define and execute on department goals
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, including managing engineers
- Passion for leadership and advancing the team and careers of your engineers
- History organizing, working on, and completing large software projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with technical and non-technical personnel
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up
- Approachable, relaxed, and friendly demeanor
- A mindset and passion for Security
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge in specialized areas of the team, including game hacking, reverse engineering, compilers, obfuscation, assembly programming, operating system internals.
- Experience building and deploying software at a global scale
- Game industry experience
- Passion for video games, and gaming platforms
- Experience with staffing, interviewing and team building
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!