Sr. Technical Program Manager, Amazon Games Growth
Amazon is all in on games. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Games you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players and developers.
Our team is transforming the retail experience and how gamers discover, acquire, and engage with gaming content. Our tools provide game developers and publishers with media-rich amazon storefront pages for both games and in-game items, as well as direct entitlement to the users’ accounts. We’re working closely with industry giants to seamlessly integrate Amazon storefront into their platforms, delivering the most customer-focused digital game and item purchasing experience to everyone.
We are a lean and fast-paced start-up, working with the world’s leading game companies to drive usage, engagement and revenue for the world’s top gaming titles and future hits on Console, PC and Mobile. As an initial member of the founding team you will have unparalleled access, scope and impact.
In this role, you and your team will own the design, development, testing, and deployment of how we deliver games to players. You will participate in product direction, planning, and execution of our most strategic technical projects that will delight our customers and make significant business impact. You are comfortable with being at the forefront of technology and are excited about shaping the future of programmatic advertising. You are an entrepreneurial, self-starter, passionate leader who strives to deliver world-class products and loves working in a fast-paced team. You are customer-obsessed and data-driven.
Senior Technical Program Management Responsibilities
- Interact with executive leaders, product owners, project stakeholders, and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver features and systems
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Plan and manage multiple parallel projects
- Identify, assess, track, and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Communicate issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner and engage project stakeholders
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Be the glue that is able to understand, plan, and manage the cross-team inter-dependencies for complex systems
- Apply and teach best software planning and engineering practices across agile and blended approaches
- Drive customer impact across multiple programs, dependencies, and constraints
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- 5+ years of experience managing projects across cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience communicating (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units including executive level
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum including adoption, refinement of the process across multiple teams
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas
- Working knowledge of cloud computing services such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or Amazon Web Services
- Working knowledge of basic machine learning concepts
- Experience in digital advertising is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1798256