Strategy Analyst (Product)
Portland, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Vancouver
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Analyst Program At Skillz
Analytics professionals at Skillz work on a wide variety of questions and issues. Based on fit and company need, you will work in domains such as:
- Growing the Skillz player base through paid acquisition with the greatest ROI possible
- Running impactful A/B experiments to optimize the user experience
- Designing, launching, and measuring new features of the Skillz ecosystem
- Driving improvements in internal processes and systems to enable the company to scale
- Assessing and improving game performance and player engagement of Skillz games
- Understanding trends in user satisfaction and feedback
Regardless of the domain, you will function as a data-driven decision maker and deliver recommendations to drive Skillz forward.
Strategy Analysts come from a variety of backgrounds and are placed at an appropriate title and level based on experience and aptitude. As a proven contributor at Skillz, you will ultimately have the ability to focus your path to domains that interest you and where there is a need for action-oriented strategic thinkers.
- Lead analytics projects across the organization and mentor analysts
- Drive highly visible strategic projects, collaborating cross-functionally to structure problems, understand opportunities, and develop solutions
- Own key areas of the business front-to-end, including execution and follow-through on initiatives
- Use storytelling skills to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior executives and other stakeholders
- Support our understanding of customer behaviors and life cycles, such as user engagement, conversion, and churn
- Design, develop, and share reports and dashboards used by the entire company every day
- 3+ years experience
- Inquisitive mindset with a major in marketing, business, economics, statistics, engineering, or mathematics preferred but not required
- Experience performing quantitative or strategic analysis (preferably in product development) preferred but not required
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical and business teams
- Self-starter with a ‘don’t take no for an answer’ attitude and strong communication skills
- Ability to solve unstructured problems independently by developing and applying appropriate frameworks or techniques
- Honesty in developing and sharing insights gained from our user data
- Experience using data visualization platforms and connecting data insights to strategy
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status and or disability status.