Strategy Research Associate
About the job
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a passionate Strategy Research Associate to join the Revenue & Strategy team at our Manhattan, NYC studios. The ideal candidate pairs strong analytical, research, and project management skills with a passion for gaming and the video game industry.
The successful candidate will possess a deep understanding of popular games, franchises, genres, and broader trends in gaming and interactive entertainment, and an innate curiosity for exploring and helping to shape the future of the space. This person will support the Revenue Strategy group, execute on research requests, help evaluate potential opportunities, and support ongoing strategic projects and initiatives in collaboration with departments across Rockstar’s publishing and development teams.
What We Do
- The Rockstar Games Revenue Strategy team partners with teams across Rockstar, including Publishing, Development, Research, Consumer Insights & Analytics, and Community on evaluating new opportunities and leading strategic projects for Rockstar.
- Using research, industry knowledge, and analysis, we track ongoing developments across the interactive entertainment industry and support ongoing and new initiatives for departments across the organization.
- Uncover trends and synthesize implications to Rockstar based on active monitoring of the video game, media, entertainment, and technology landscapes.
- Dissect in-game economies, progression systems, and design loops in PC, console, and mobile games for future game / title update design, product, and feature recommendations.
- Perform analyses of competitive games, platforms, and services to understand inner workings of functions, features, and products.
- Leverage social media platforms (Discord, Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Hacker News) and live streaming / video platforms (Twitch, YouTube, Facebook Gaming) to track current events, sentiment, and ongoing discussion of gaming-, technology-, and entertainment-related information.
- Understand landscape and capabilities of gaming-related and relevant technology companies to proactively identify opportunities for partnership, investment, or acquisition.
- Support administrative and project management-related tasks for the Revenue Strategy team.
- Professional experience in a strategic, product, or analytical capacity.
- Experienced gamer who plays and/or is up-to-date with major console / PC / mobile releases.
- Familiarity with major video game and entertainment industry business models and products (subscription, free-to-play, battle passes).
- Experience supporting dynamic, fast-paced teams.
- Strong project management, organizational, and administrative capabilities to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and succinctly, synthesize and present complex information for senior stakeholders.
- Analytical, comfortable with large data sets, and able to extract insights from analysis.
- Ability to operate autonomously or with limited direction.
- Acumen for learning technology-related concepts and quickly adapt to new technologies.
- Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty, and an evolving set of priorities and agenda.
In lieu of a cover letter, please write a short report summarizing your position on a recent trend in gaming or strong conviction about the gaming industry. 500 words maximum, not including sources.
How To Apply
Please apply with a resume and cover letter per the instructions above demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.