WHO WE ARE: Grover Gaming, headquartered in Greenville, North Carolina, is a software design and development company that specializes in electronic gaming throughout the United States and Canada. Having more than 275 employees located in seven states, we are working every day toward building a strong foundation of humble, passionate people, effective processes, and superior products. Our dedication to customer service, adaptability, and a diverse range of products has solidified our position as a global leader in the electronic gaming industry, leading to our second year on Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest growing companies in 2020 at #194. Grover Gaming strives to support local communities and has helped raise over $250 Million for charities through its partnerships in charitable gaming markets.
As Studio General Manager you will directly report to the Chief Product Officer of Grover Gaming to drive the planning, organization and control of key operational activities to ensure Grover Gaming continues to be a leader in the gaming industry. First and foremost you will demonstrate our mission, vision, and values daily and maintain that culture throughout the studio teams. You will also work in close partnership with the senior management teams as well as external partners to achieve success for the organization as a whole. You will set and monitor operational targets for your studio and drive activities that achieve the studio’s strategic objectives. The studio leadership team will directly report to you with a total of six studio teams composed of artists, game programmers, and QA.
- Manage a high performing team of creatives and ensure their continued development and growth within the organization.
- Provide leadership within the studio to champion strategic technical and operational initiatives that will have an impact on future projects and studio roadmap.
- Develop, maintain, and publish Studio KPI’s that track project quality, delivery, financials and risks.
- Partner with the Director of Product Services to align game roadmap with the company's strategic product roadmap to ensure resources are effectively utilized, market demand is met, and we successfully execute on the plans.
- Lead change management strategies for Studio initiatives whether through executive communication, town halls, reviews, workshops or other inclusive methods.
- Partner with HR to recruit, develop and retain talent.
- Uphold and promote Mission, Vision, Value through all levels of the organization.
- Enable, through resources and tools, the team to maximize impact while minimizing overhead effort through technology and process efficiency
- Develop and provide oversight and execution around key game development processes, including the Studio’s game titles, new features, and innovation planning.
- Lead process improvements forward through direct and dotted line reports. This would include transparent, predictable and value-added processes for quality product delivery and efficiencies as well as new ways of thinking about operations.
- Participate in monthly Product Development Meetings and reviews while presenting key metrics and critical risks/mitigation for projects.
- Conduct operational reviews with development teams, advise on best practices and partner to design innovative solutions to challenges that arise.
- Approve project plans developed by producers and track milestone dates.
- Effectively manage priorities across multiple projects, programs, and disciplines.
- Handle and coordinate resource planning between studio teams, ensuring efficient headcount utilization across the studio
- Measure progress and suggest top level actions to address progress shortfalls.
- Anticipate and plan reasonable contingencies to mitigate risk across multiple complex projects and studio initiatives.
- Present a strong knowledge of development methodologies and an understanding of when to use or adapt each one.
- Provide complex project solutions across multiple disciplines that consider process and technology.
Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to challenge and influence a variety of partners and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to adapt to and manage change
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Exceptional communication skills in all settings
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with a variety of teams and individuals
- Ability to manage conflict effectively by settling disputes, facilitating breakthroughs, and integrating diverse views to find common ground and/or acceptable alternatives.
- Ability to drive the vision and purpose of the team and organization.
- Proven ability to follow through with commitments and drive
- Preferred Requirements