Job Title: Studio Producer
Department: NC Development Administration
Reports To: Studio General Manager
WHO WE ARE: Grover Gaming, headquartered in Greenville, North Carolina, is a software design and development company that specializes in electronic gaming throughout the United States and Canada. Having more than 275 employees located in nine states, we are working every day toward building a strong foundation of humble, passionate people, effective processes, and superior products. Our dedication to customer service, adaptability, and a diverse range of products has solidified our position as a global leader in the electronic gaming industry, leading to our second year on Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest growing companies in 2020 at #194. Grover Gaming strives to support local communities and has helped raise over $250 Million for charities through its partnerships in charitable gaming markets.
SUMMARY: The Studio Producer will be responsible for managing the development timelines of games within their assigned studio teams. Each studio team is composed of an art team, a game development team, an audio design team, and a QA team. The top priority of the Studio Producer is the coordination and completion of game development ensuring consistency with the game design document. This is achieved through collaboration with the Director of Game Design, Creative Director, and Director of Game Development. The Studio Producer will also be the point of contact for the Project Manager when game updates are required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand company Mission, Vision, and Values and be an ambassador of MVV.
- Work with development teams to develop the milestone documentation and timeline for each game.
- Collaborate with dev teams and leads to assign team members tasks associated with the development and testing of each game.
- Ensure timelines are suitable for the required quality of each game and adjust as necessary.
- Ensure all aspects of the game are in accordance with the game and system design documentation and all requirements are fulfilled for each game.
- Ensure all aspects of the game are tested thoroughly.
- Monitor and assess progress of each aspect of the game to ensure high quality deliverables are completed within the set of timelines and in accordance to the acceptance criteria.
- Communicate progress and changes to the PMO and impacted departmental managers in a timely manner.
- Provide monthly summaries about team production.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or combination of education and experience with a minimum of 3 years’ operational and leadership experience with the ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders
- Experience driving high velocity, high impact development cycles in an agile fashion
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and comprehensive understanding of the game development life cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Experience using different development methodologies (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.)
- Agile experience utilizing Microsoft Azure Devops
- Experience with game design
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is typical of a traditional office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with no material or weather-related hazards except those associated with travel.
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.