Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who We’re Looking For
You are a competitive person who thrives on relationship building and geeks out about new technology. You enjoy a mission-driven, fast paced environment where the work you put in daily directly impacts the growth of an aggressively fast growing organization. You are good at sourcing, identifying technical talent and qualifying candidates who can add value to our already stellar team. Your organized, driven and eager to help build a network of talent.
What You'll Do
- Help identify, source and screen both technical and non-technical top tier talent
- Utilize recruiting tools such as Linkedin, Google, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms to identify talent for position requirements
- Help manage candidate flow through our in-house tracking systems. (Familiarity Greenhouse is a plus)
- Work directly with the hiring managers to help coordinate all aspects of recruiting
- Produce detailed reporting around recruiting metrics
- Provide a fast and diligent experience for every candidate from the application stage to the on-boarding process
- Meet aggressive hiring goals in various areas including but not limited to: software development, product management, QA, mobile development (both android and iOS and UI/UX Design/Development
- Participate in daily meetings to discuss top priority jobs and current candidate pipelines
- 3-5 years of full cycle technical recruiting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to build relationships with both internal members at Skillz, as well as external candidates being recruited into the organization
- Ability to partner with HR as well as senior management to draw up job descriptions, negotiate and close offers
- Experience recruiting in a fast-paced environment, preferably a start-up
- Agency recruiting experience (a mix of agency and corporate would be ideal)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects in an agile environment
- Ability to pick up new systems and technology quickly if you don’t know it already (e.g., google docs, google drive, applicant tracking systems)
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.