About the job
Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Technical documentation includes, but not limited to Operator’s Instruction Manuals, Cabling and Boards, Parts Books, Installation Guides, and Conversion Kits
- Prepares new documentation using information obtained from research and input from Subject Matter Expert’s and Project Management
- Interviews hardware engineers, software engineers, project managers, product trainers, technical support, and other technical personnel to become familiar with product technology and development
- Researches engineering schematics, design diagrams, bill of materials, process maps, and understands the development cycle of the product
- Maintains existing technical documents for updates and revisions
- Verifies, validates, and edits documentation products; ensures that documentation accuracy reflects the functionality and meets defined quality parameters
- Management of documentation projects to ensure that they are done in a timely manner
- Reviews, edits, and proofreads materials written by other writers
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, and applies feedback to improve performance
- Assists other writers with their projects
- Actively involved in continuous improvement projects
Training And/or Experience
- 1-3 years of technical writing experience; previous internship experience preferred
- Experience writing technical documentation for technology products preferred
- Ability and desire to write well and maintain content formatting and style aligned with consistent standards
- Experience using standard writing tools, including, Adobe FrameMaker, Microsoft Word, or other authoring tools
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative and Microsoft Office Suites
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interviewing skills
- Willingness and the ability to learn quickly new concepts, information, new software applications, writing tools, and skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and timely
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently on multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage documentation projects/schedules – large document set
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A/B.S) from four-year College or university; or zero to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .