Technical Writer - Diablo IV (Temp)
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
The Diablo IV team is looking for a Technical Writer to help write and organize the documentation of our game development processes and tools. We are looking for a creative and collaborative individual comfortable applying their craft in a dynamic and complex environment. This will be primarily be writing documentation in support of how to use our proprietary engine and editor toolsets.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Interview and work with developers to create consistently clear and digestible documentation for technically complex processes.
- Work with developers across multiple disciplines who are subject matter experts in a variety of subjects.
- Create tutorials and walkthroughs related to using our engine, tools, and development processes.
- Documentation audience varies in their technical knowledge.
- Experience using Confluence for creating and organizing documentation.
- Experience researching and writing technical documentation.
- Experience working in a large, creative team (software development preferred).
Knowledge & Skills
- Associate degree in design, English, technical communications, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Equivalent experience with combined education can be substituted for the education requirements.
- Fluency using the Microsoft suite of tools.
- Web, video game development, or technology industry experience preferred
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in library science, information science, or a related field
- Basic programming skills
- An understanding of digital editing
- Familiarity with a development platform (such as Unity).
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.