Tools Engineer (Diablo) - Vicarious Visions
As a Tools Engineer you will be a crucial part of the development team. You will collaborate with other tools engineers and other teams to deliver the AAA-quality workflows we use to assemble, craft, tune, troubleshoot, and support our games. Along the way, you’ll learn new tech, new techniques, and new ways of thinking about techno-creative problems.
As you work with your fellow tools engineers to balance frequently changing priorities, the core of your work will have you:
- Collaborating closely with artists, designers, and other engineering teams to support content creation, engine integration, build pipelines, and more
- Drawing mockups, participating in design discussions, and gathering feedback from content creators and other developers to make sure they’re getting what they need
- Contribute to and help shape shared codebases by promoting standards for code, testing, documentation, and more
We’re looking for developers with strong fundamentals in software and computing, including an understanding of object-oriented design and development as well as engineering principles that promote long-lasting, adaptable, maintainable software. You will need:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or a few years of professional software engineering experience
- Proficiency in managed languages in the Microsoft .NET Framework: C# 5.0+ is preferred, and experience in C, C++, or other unmanaged languages is a plus
- Experience creating GUI-driven desktop productivity software with an emphasis on usability and architectural patterns (e.g. MVVM); WPF experience is strongly desired, and skill in other GUI toolkits like WinForms is a plus
- Recent experience using debugging tools, such as those provided by Visual Studio or similar IDEs
- You need strong verbal communication skills that will help you collaborate closely with the tools' users and discover what they need; great candidates will be able to provide examples of technical writing, too
Knowledge of packages like 3ds Max and Maya, and familiarity with common scripting languages such as Python are a plus, but not required.
As a game studio that’s been around for 3 decades, Vicarious Visions has a vibrantly colorful and prestigiously successful past of guitar-playing, pro-skating, and Wumpa fruit-hoarding. As a new member of the Blizzard family, we also have an exhilarating future ahead of us. We are more excited than ever to join in the making of Blizzard franchises that are known and treasured around the world.
Our studio, located in beautiful upstate New York, provides developers a safe, warm environment to hone their skills and become leaders of their craft. Creativity and innovation are cornerstones of our practice, and we nurture new ideas from all of our people. Crucially, we are a family of uniquely individual voices, and we have fostered a culture of diversity and inclusivity. We thrive on collaboration, respect, and fun. Join us!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Vicarious Visions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.