Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Infinity Ward, developer of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and creators of one of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed shooter franchises of all time, is currently seeking an exceptional UI/UX Director who will be responsible for establishing the vision and strategy for the UI and UX in our future games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities
- Establish a unified creative vision and goals for a team of designers, artists and engineers and lead the UI/UX design process across projects and features.
- Collaborate with a multi-discipline team to deliver innovative, intuitive and efficient user interfaces and experiences for our players.
- Work with external department stakeholders to define functionality, design specifications and technical requirements.
- Work with your team to develop interaction design concepts with user stories, site maps, prototypes and wireframes that illustrate user needs, site structure, flow, layout, and informational relationships.
- Drive the consistency of visual and logical architecture across all platforms via regular reviews with stakeholders.
- Create and work on solutions for new and established systems that factor design, tools, and technological capabilities.
- Work closely with product managers, game designers, artists, and engineers on high-scope features to solve large-scale design problems.
- Work closely with producers and other stakeholders on scope estimates and schedules.
- Set clear project objectives, provide career guidance and reviews to team members, and ensure that your teams are set-up for success.
- Guide improvement of the team’s pipelines and toolset.
- Engaging digital portfolio that includes experience on either AAA games or top tier technology platforms and apps.
- Minimum of 5 years as a UX/UI lead, and 10 years of graphic design and UX/UI related experience.
- Ability to work well with others, and have experience managing a large multi-discipline team (code, art, and design).
- Solid understanding of the relationship between the disciplines (code, art, and design) necessary to deliver quality UI features.
- Expert documentation skills for wireframes and flow diagrams
- Ability to communicate in a clear and focused manner to inspire and lead colleagues; you’re authentic with all different types of stakeholders, from interns to executives.
- Passion and insight into latest UI design trends circulating the gaming industry.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Passion for games and interactive media.
- C/C++ experience or Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Lua, or similar scripting languages.
- Graphic design skills with a good eye for composition, fonts and color.
- Understanding of game UX flow and HUD systems.
- Knowledge of or experience with different gaming models, including free to play.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.