UX Technical Designer
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- Experience prototyping, developing and maintaining UI features from concept to release.
- Working knowledge of standard industry game engines such as Frostbite, Unreal, or Unity.
- Experience with Visual Scripting or Programming/Scripting languages such as Unreal Blueprint, ActionScript, or LUA.
- Willingness to be open and flexible in a collaborative and cross-discipline environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of user experience design principles.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and online collaborative tools such as Miro is a plus.
- You will implement screens, widgets, logic, and data flows with the guidance of senior technical designers.
- Design and help build tools and workflows to support iterative development.
- Prove out and advocate for best practices for UI architecture.
- Work with our designers and programmers to determine design, technical and data requirements.
- Implement UI animation and audio of prepared screen assets to support interaction and motion guidelines.
- Document features and processes within your scope of work.
- Collaborate with various programming, art, audio, and animation departments on UX Design requirements.
- Communicate with production on scheduling and identify dependencies.
- Partner with QV to verify feature comprehension and completion.