Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego.
Psyonix Video Department is looking for a skilled video editor to bring video content for a variety of projects to life. With a focus on Rocket League and future Psyonix projects, the Video Editor will work closely with other creatives to assemble renders, capture gameplay footage and more as it relates to cinematic and marketing related video content for publishing.
- Collaborating with other video producers and the video team to assemble top-tier video content
- Maintaining best-in-class video editing standards with a deep knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and Media Encoder
- Working with the Audio Team and Video Production Team to help source and cut music and audio for video projects
- Managing and maintain a personal and team-based video editing suite
- Working with internal capture workflows to source original footage and shots to work within edit
- Owning all stages of the video production lifecycle, editing, communicating, and presenting to stakeholders
- Working with other creative team members and leads to make creative decks to kickoff projects
- Communicating with outsource video partners and deliver assets that they will need to finish their portion of the project
- Managing project tasks and feedback so their projects stay organized
- 3+ Years in a video editing role with game, motion picture, TV or advertising industry experience
- A passion for video games and understanding of video game content creation found on many video platforms, such as YouTube, Twitch, Instagram and more
- Excellent communication, time and project management skills
- Knowledge of how game ratings work relevant to the video content
- A video reel that showcases your best work
Preference To Candidates With
- Experience with editing animated shorts or CG short films a plus
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine, Blender, Maya or other CG software
- Extended experience with Adobe Creative Cloud: After Effects, Photoshop, etc
- Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet or other organizational software experience
Epic Games deeply values diverseteams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policyhere.