Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What We Do
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly engaging and competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego.
What You'll Do
Psyonix is seeking a Video Production Manager to join our Video Production team to work on Rocket League and future projects. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams including the Creative Media Team, Art Team, Audio Team, Production, and 3rd party video related production companies.
In This Role You Will
- Be a part of the Video Production team to manage and facilitate the production for all video related projects and initiatives.
- Manage and oversee communication, scope and deliverables for all video related projects with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the team’s production needs to help achieve high quality work that is delivered on time while managing budgets when applicable.
- Work with leads, create and oversee the team's schedules, coordinate reviews, and update internal and external stakeholders on the status of projects.
- Manage relationships with external partners and act as a key communication point between external and internal teams to coordinate and communicate plans, objectives and status updates for video related projects.
- Improve the video team process and find new efficiencies and wins for the team.
- Organize, retrieve, and provide the required assets for projects, while maintaining approved file storage structure.
- Support team meetings and ensure agendas and tasks are clear. Record meeting notes in confluence and translate them into a coherent list of action items.
- Bring a positive attitude and high spirit energy to the team.
What We're Looking For
- 4-7 years of video or video related production management experience.
- Prior experience working with external partners.
- Familiarity with Frame.io, Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, Smartsheet, or other tracking and gantt management software.
- Strong familiarity with video codecs, specs and other video based files and deliverables.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and display strong problem solving skills.
- Has solid interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Will embrace a culture of candor and respect.
- Positive attitude and passion for making games.
Nice To Have Skills
- Previous experience working in the gaming industry.
- Some creative execution or video editing experience.
- Plays Rocket League.
- Is familiar with Esports or plays games that are highly competitive.
- Other video/film related skills and interests (editing, animation, cinematography, etc.)