About the job
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
The VIP Specialist is an important piece of the customer support team at MZ Game Studio. You should be friendly, have exceptional written communication, and enjoy being an expert at our games. You should be creative in your problem solving approach and desire to provide world-class service. Standard isn’t good enough for our players! You will have a portfolio of players to manage and will be expected to ensure that their needs are met and they continue to enjoy our game at a high satisfaction rate with exceptional engagement. You will be the point-of-contact and the voice of our most valuable players, responsible for developing positive relationships and a bond of trust between them and MZ Game Studio.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage 50+ accounts to ensure a positive product and brand experience
- Respond to escalated VIP member concerns and address all player inquires addressed directly to you
- Work with vendor VIP Team members to ensure all VIP member tickets are responded to within SLA
- Help coach and mentor vendor VIP team members so that players concerns are met with the highest quality response possible
- Make sure players’ bugs are addressed in a timely manner (includes reproducing steps and JIRA creation)
- Have expert knowledge of our games in order to address issues with ease
- Resolve revenue impacting issues
- Monitor and develop reports on the engagement and sentiment of our players
- Work with cross-functional partners and stakeholders to resolve player impacting issues, always advocating on behalf of the player; providing insight into their perspective
- Execute Platinum Program initiatives, including in-game perk delivery, IRL gifting and Newsletter article creation
- Encourage greater engagement with our games, develop relationships with our players and assist all our teams to provide an exceptional player experience both within and outside of our games
- Foster loyalty
Your background and who you are:
- 4+ years of email customer service experience, at least 1 year in the gaming industry
- Must be able to work weekend shifts
- Mobile experience a plus
- High regard for confidentiality
- Clear communication skills, including proper grammar and spelling
- Positive, friendly, and able to keep calm during stressful situations
- Creative thinker
- Proven problem solver
- Passionate about relationship-based service
- Determined; able to take projects/problems from inception to conclusion with follow-up and reporting
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.