VIP Support Representative
About the job
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Are you an expert at choosing the right words when working with valuable customers? Do you enjoy empowering top eSports athletes to get back into the game after they hit a stumbling point? Are you ready to deliver top tier customer support to some of the most engaged eSports competitors in the world? We need someone to answer the support requests from our most engaged and valuable players delicately and thoughtfully. We’re looking for someone with strong written communication skills who can take a potentially negative customer experience and turn it into a positive one.
What You'll Do
- Answer customer support requests from Skillz VIPs
- Proactively reach out to VIPs who may potentially leave the Skillz platform
- Identify escalating support situations and successfully defuse them
- Deliver perks and carry out initiatives reserved for the most valuable Skillz players
- Provide recommendations on future VIP initiatives
- Follow up with at-risk VIPs to prevent attrition
- Provide cross-departmental support as needed for other departments in CA
- Experience working with ZenDesk or similar task tracking software
- Ability to provide personalized and effective customer service, VIP support experience a plus
- Strong communication skills, especially written
- Motivated self-starter
- Strong problem solving ability, knowing when to act and when to escalate
- Show empathy and have the ability to help players with their issues, but know when to say no and shut down bad player behavior
Pay rate: $20/hr
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.