WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. seeks an FX Artist to work closely with the FX Lead to create and maintain high quality Special Effects assets for the game. This is an individual contributor position that designs and creates FX work for assigned aspects of products with a focus on technical trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- Use Unreal 4, industry standard 3D and 2D packages, as well as proprietary tools to create FX assets for their assigned development project. These assets will include real-time interactive FX and pre-scripted cinema events.
- Install created FX assets into In-Engine cinemas.
- Assists in R&D efforts for tools enhancements and prototyping of new technology.
- Mentors more junior members of the effects team and serves as a repository of special knowledge for the group
- A BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as an artist in the industry.
- At least 1 published game, preferably PS4 or XBox One.
- Must have working knowledge of authoring tools for real-time particle systems.
- Experience with Unreal 4 and Niagara preferred.
- Experience with UE4 Materials creation for FX preferred.
- Experience with UE4 blue prints preferred.
- Houdini FX experience a plus.
- Proficient in 3D modeling using Maya or 3D Studio Max a plus.
- Experience with a scripting language a plus.
- Experience with multiple 2D applications, including Adobe AfterEffects, Photoshop, and similar applications a plus.
- Strong understanding of FX optimization and measuring performance on PS4/Xbox.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and redo/iterate work until it's approved.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
- Strong interest in computer or video games.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.