Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
Position Summary Bring our games to life by creating eye-catching visual effects and animations for slot machines. Work with a group of exceptionally talented artists and animators creating animations that complement and enhance the slot player’s experience. The ability to work quickly and efficiently as part of a team, take direction, and maintain a positive attitude under pressure is crucial.Job ResponsibilitiesPrimary
- Collaborate with the game artist to conceptualize and create compelling 2D/3D animations, visual effects, and motion graphics for game logos, symbols, backgrounds, and features.
- Work closely with the software engineer to prepare final animations in formats necessary for integration into the game.
- Understand and resolve technical issues relating to graphics (e.g., rendering, streaming, memory management, playback performance, etc.)
- Communicate with the game designer and development team in an iterative development process
- Maintain well-organized working files to facilitate file sharing and collaborative work
- Archive all final working files for future use using version control software
- 2-5 years of professional experience in 2D/3D animation and/or motion graphic design
- Gaming industry experience is preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Enjoy working in a creative environment
- Have a strong sense of design, motion, and timing
- Have a strong sense of storyboarding for 2D/3D animation
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to receive art direction and provide multiple design solutions
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator
- Proficiency in 3D animation a plus (3DS Max preferred)
- Proficiency in compositing and rotoscoping a plus
- Familiarity with Unity a plus
- Familiarity with shaders and shader creation/coding a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .