Senior Technical Artist
About the job
SciPlay, is a global leader focused in providing an ever-expanding portfolio of robust iGaming and Social Casino solutions to the global gaming industry. To put it simply - we make Mobile and Facebook games that are fun to play, fun to make, and we're growing like crazy! SciPlay's reach is made possible by the expertise of our rock star teams and game makers. Want to be part of a fast-paced company that lands in the Top 1% of Social Casino games? See more details below! Job Description Summary: SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
SciPlay currently offers nine core games, including social casino games Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino Slots, Hot Shot Casino and Quick Hit Slots, and casual games MONOPOLY Slots, Bingo Showdown, 88 Fortunes Slots, Backgammon Live, and Solitaire Pet Adventure with offices all over the world!
About The Role
The Senior Technical Artist acts as a resource within the art team, mentoring other artists in the use of Unity, optimizing pipelines and assets, troubleshooting issues, and acting as a conduit between the art and engineering teams, ensuring the art content and features are correctly integrated into the game. You are a Unity expert with deep knowledge across the product but especially UI system, animations and animation controllers, Shuriken (the particle system), shaders and materials. Familiarity with and ability to evaluate and learn Unity’s newer features (e.g. timeline & 2D Animation) is essential.
Technical Artists are expected to assist in art-centric tool creation for the art team. Significant experience of the best practices to assemble, compress, and to efficiently deliver assets through the game development pipeline is essential. Technical Artists are expected to have core artistic abilities or understanding of drawing, rendering, graphic design, color theory, layout, character design, and animation and how these specialties work together with software engineers in a development studio. At all times, Technical Artists are expected to follow the style guidelines set forth by the art team.
Essential Job Functions
- Communicating between engineers, designer and any non-technical artists to package assets in the most efficient manner for quality products for the target platform
- Assist in developing standards, processes, and proprietary tools along with Production and Development teams
- Perform R&D for any new tech needed for feature implementation
- Create 2D Animations and VFX to support the final art assets
- Mentor the art team in the technical aspects of unity asset creation
- Adhere to file structure in artistic source, directory, and version management
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times, accepting critique from team members
- Show efficiency in self-managing time with a reasonable degree of accountability and minimal instruction
- Strong desire to continue improving skills through independent learning and other team members. Ability to identify more efficient processes to improve throughout the team
- Assist art and development team members in all of the above
- Bachelor of Arts in art/animation or technical degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Required Experience: At least 3 years previous experience as a digital artist with a considerable amount of technical responsibility.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Deep practical knowledge of what Unity can and can’t do especially regarding the UI system, animations and animation controllers, the particle system, shaders and materials, optimizations and troubleshooting.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Unity, 3DS Max
- General understanding of UI implementation and development in Unity
- Scripting and/or animation abilities and knowledge of event driven programming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of how to design art for various themes and target platform
- Working knowledge of production tools (Jira, Confluence, Stash/Git)
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Portfolio (website or blog required for pre-interview)
- Unity game development
- C# scripting knowledge
- Display tree rendering and object organization
- Animation – 2D character-specific
- Asset management and version systems
We are SciPlay! We make games!
The roots of our company are simple and strong: our founders fell head over heels for casino games and had a vision to create the most entertaining free-to-play casino games for gamers around the world. We’ve grown into a company that makes games we are truly proud of and that are enjoyed by millions of players every day. Our history is extensive, but we’re just getting started. In 1998, we got our start as Phantom EFX and in 2019, we reintroduced ourselves as SciPlay and went public on the Nasdaq.
At SciPlay, we are programmed to think untraditionally. From our yearly development conferences, shindigs, and new game launches, we believe in doing what you love and doing it well. We take great pride in our ability to create authentic experiences for players and we are excited to continue investing in our workforce, technology, and our data-driven approach, all with the mission of delighting our players long into the future. We believe that if we continue to stay passionate, set ambitious goals, live our values and play together, we will become the #1 social casino and casual gaming company in the world.
A Few Of Our Highlighted Perks And Benefits
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses alongside matching 401k and other competitive benefits.
- Strong commitment to work life balance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Fully stocked gameroom featuring current generation consoles and titles, shuffle board tables, foosball tables, and arcade cabinets (including our prized 5v5 cabinet ultra-rare copy of Killer Queen!)
- Brand new, shiny, and aesthetically pleasing 10,000 sq ft office located in the Arboretum area in Austin
SciPlay Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, SciPlay) are committed to creating a workforce of credibility and dependability. As a prerequisite to employment with SciPlay (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SciPlay conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SciPlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here for EEOC Poster .