About the job
ABOUT MISFITS GAMING GROUP
Misfits Gaming Group (Misfits) is an interactive entertainment company that exists to elevate play through the crafting of superior-quality, exceptionally fun experiences that leap off the screen to connect and engage people in safe, fun communities. We do this through our interactive experiences, content, and live events. Our purpose is to spark joy and connection through the magic of play.
We seek talented individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment and emulate positivity, humility, and heart in everything they do.
As a Technical Game Artist at Misfits, you'll be a pivotal member of our development team, contributing to creating exceptional gaming experiences. You’ll join a formative game team building innovative games from concept through launch and beyond. You will work alongside fellow developers to handle technically complex art needs, create artist tools, and liaise with our programming team. Help us build beautiful new worlds and experiences that fulfill our mission!
- Research and develop art tools for the team
- Assist in rigging, VFX creation, shader set-up, and animation support
- Assist in setting up workflows and art pipelines
- Solve complex art-related technical problems
- Porting and maintaining art in engine
- Setting and enforcing asset standards
- Collaborate with the design, programming, production, and art teams to create and implement assets and environments that enhance the overall game experience
- Maintain a strong understanding of current industry trends and best practices to stay at the forefront of game development
- Other Game Development Duties as Assigned
- High attention to detail and great communication skills
- Proficiency working with and developing tools for authoring software and engines
- At least 3 years of experience working in the game industry as a technical artist
- A strong portfolio of work showcasing tools, materials, shaders, Particle FX, Character Rigs, post-processing effects, or other technical skills
- Familiarity with multiple art disciplines, including modeling, environments, and characters
- A passion for game development and problem-solving
- Bachelor's degree in Programming, Game Art, 3D Animation, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience working on a live game
- Experience developing games that create and/or utilize User Generated Content
- Experience developing Unreal and Roblox games
This is currently a full-time remote position. Must be able to relocate to either Seattle, WA, or Boca Raton, FL, in Q4 2024.