Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
Position Summary Bring our games to life by leading the entire development team through the product development process—set priorities, solve problems, remove obstacles, and facilitate communication. Work in a collaborative small team environment with a group of exceptionally talented artists, animators, software engineers, and game designers to provide the best gaming experience for the slot player. The ability to effectively lead a team while maintaining a positive attitude under pressure is crucial.Job Responsibilities:Primary
- Act as the end-to-end project manager for multiple slot games, from kickoff to completion
- Create and maintain project schedules, track project milestones and deliverables, and effectively report project status and health to stakeholders
- Manage a team of individual contributors from multiple disciplines (art, animation, software engineering), keeping the team motivated and engaged through recognition, conflict resolution, and relationship building
- Schedule, facilitate, and document team meetings to capture status of projects
- Set priorities and assign tasks using JIRA and other project management software
- Continually play the team’s games while in development to ensure functionality and production value meets the game’s design requirements and expected department standards
- Mentor associate producers in related studios and throughout Game Development
- Contribute to overall Game Development department culture
- Collaborate with other game producers and game designers to identify common issues and communicate issue status and resolutions
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- 2+ years of professional experience leading teams and managing software development projects
- Gaming industry experience is preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Enjoy working in a creative environment
- Have strong multi-tasking skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Have excellent organization, time-management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to break down business requirements and translate a product vision to the team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Proficient in JIRA or other project/task management software
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .