A pioneer in virtual reality entertainment systems, Virtuix Inc. continues to break ground with cutting-edge VR technologies. We are the developer of the Omni, the first omni-directional treadmill that lets players walk and run inside popular games and other virtual worlds.
Omni Pro, the commercial version of the Omni, and Omni Arena, a multiplayer configuration, have become global entertainment hits. Thanks to their popularity at over 500 venues on 5 continents, we have built a large and devoted player community (1 million plays... and counting). We've published 24 games to date (10 developed in-house).
In response to demand from Omni fans, we started developing “Omni One,” a consumer version of the Omni that’s optimized for home use – light, easy to store, and with unmatched freedom of movement (incl. crouching and jumping). Omni One is a complete entertainment system whose business model includes recurring revenues from monthly subscriptions and game sales. Its online game store sells games developed by Virtuix and top titles licensed from third parties.
The thrill of walking around inside videogames has blown the minds of players at our commercial venues. We plan to take our success in commercial entertainment and scale it into the home. Join our mission to launch Omni One and bring our popular gaming experience to millions of homes around the world.
To learn more, watch the video below or try out the Omni at Dave & Buster’s!
We’re looking for a full-time Game Developer to join our game development team at our Austin, TX headquarters to develop and maintain first-party games for Omni One and Omni Arena.
As a Game Developer at Virtuix, you will create games from concept to release. You are expected to work autonomously with minimal assistance. Our games are made primarily in Unreal Engine 4, so work experience with the UE4 game engine is required. You must be proficient in game design, level design, and blueprint scripting.
- Develop gameplay systems and content from concept to release, incl. characters, weapons, scoring, AI logic, etc.
- Create levels from start to finish (block out prototype, set dressing, lighting, etc.)
- Keep existing content up-to-date and compatible with the latest hardware and software
- Collaborate with the game development team throughout an iterative, agile development process
- Frequently test game builds to ensure they meet our quality standard
- Improve games based on customer feedback
- 2+ years of experience developing games with Unreal Engine 4
- Bachelor’s degree in Game Design, Computer Science, or related
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and a “get-it-done” mentality
- Thrive in a startup, do-it-all culture
Nice to have:
- Experience making networked, multiplayer games
- Experience working with 3D modeling and animation tools
- C++ programming experience
- Familiarity with current virtual reality systems and games
Our ideal candidate has all the above skills, but if you are highly motivated and have most of them, please apply anyway! We will consider any enthusiastic candidate interested in joining our team.
- Virtuix stock options
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Open vacation policy
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fully stocked kitchen
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Virtuix Inc. is the developer of the Omni – the first omni-directional treadmill that lets players walk and run inside popular games and virtual worlds. With more than 3,500 Omni units shipped and over $20 million in funding to date, Virtuix is blazing the market trail for ultimate immersive gaming. If working at the forefront of tech’s convergence with entertainment excites you, then Virtuix is the place to be. For more information, please visit www.virtuix.com.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.