Summary of Position – The Tester and Video Editor is responsible for testing products, investigating issues, and handling some of the organization’s in-house video editing needs. In addition to these responsibilities, the Tester and Video Editor may be called upon to assist the Ratings Department in other business activities.
The following lists of responsibilities are not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be required. These responsibilities may be amended and updated from time to time at the sole discretion of the ESRB.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Performs product testing in a thorough and expeditious manner.
· Creates, edits, and logs testing videos for rating sessions.
· Investigates consumer complaints and advises Assistant Director, Testing and Compliance on findings with clear and concise communication.
· Occasionally assists other departments with video editing and other needs.
Special Skills Required
· Expert videogame player and industry enthusiast.
· Knowledge of and familiarity with game capture software and hardware.
· Ability to proficiently use video editing software to meet organizational needs.
· Ability to communicate effectively and accurately with staff.
· Ability to adapt to new challenges and technologies.
· Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, complete tasks quickly and with an eye for detail based on ESRB directives.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.